The weekend is here and you’ve scored yourself a sitter. What better way to spend the day than enjoying a delicious meal with the person you love?
Vancouver is home to some awesome restaurants that make for fantastic dates. We’ve hand-picked 7 of our favorite restaurants that offer something special for you to share with your significant other. Whether that means a beautiful sunset or a stellar deal on great food.
Make the most of your night out with these 7 delicious and totally delectable date ideas in Vancouver.
Our top picks for delicious Vancouver date ideas
1. Have a burger and beer at Glowbal
The Glowbal restaurant group has some spectacular restaurants in the city, all of which make for a great date spot. If you and your loved one are in to insane burgers and awesome savings, then Fridays at Glowbal is the place to be.
Head over to Glowbal before 2pm every Friday and you can enjoy a burger and beer for just $15. The burgers are juicy, the beer is ice cold, and both make for a great accompaniment to a Friday afternoon.
Other date ideas at Glowbal in Vancouver:
- Sipping on barrel-aged cocktails for $15
- Cozying up by the fire on their luxurious patio
- Joining them for happy hour everyday from 2:30 to 6:00 pm
2. Indulge in cheese and wine at Honey Salt
Source: Honey Salt Instagram
Honey Salt is a hidden gem for adorable first-date spots in Vancouver. Their interior decor is absolutely stunning and their dishes are a feast for the eyes and the stomach.
Join the Honey Salt team every Friday for wine and cheese pairing from around the globe. You get to pick 3 wines and 3-5 cheeses from all over the world. It’s a great opportunity to travel internationally without ever leaving the country.
Other date ideas at Honey Salt in Vancouver:
- Daily happy hour featuring food and drink specials
- Rose All Day Thursdays with 20% off the Rose menu
- Weekend brunch with dishes like sweet potato pancakes and BC Crab benedict
3. Watch the sunset at JOEY Shipyards
Source: JOEY Shipyards Instagram
This JOEY location is a whopping 9,500 square feet featuring 2 stories and nearly 2,500 square feet of patio space. It’s located right on the water and boasts some of the best unobstructed views of the Vancouver skyline on the North Shore.
That’s why we suggest grabbing a table on their patio and watching the sunset for a wonderful summer date night in North Vancouver.
Not to mention, JOEY Shipyards has an extensive menu featuring everything from seared salmon sushi to spaghetti pomodoro.
Other date ideas at JOEY Shipyards in North Vancouver:
- Plan a virtual cooking class (you can do this at home!)
- Indulge in happy hour daily from 2:00 to 5:00 pm
4. Try a Hand Roll at Hello Nori
1165 Robson St | Menu
Source: Hello Nori Instagram
If your significant other is a foodie like us, then this Vancouver date idea is sure to delight. Experience sushi like you never have before with a hand roll from one of the hottest new restaurants in Vancouver.
Hand rolls are unique because unlike traditional sushi, it’s prepared in front of you right before eating. That way, the rice is still warm and the seaweed is still fresh. The result? A texturally complex and flavorful sushi bite like no other.
Other date ideas at Hello Nori in Vancouver:
5. Enjoy dinner and a view at The Teahouse in Stanley Park
Source: The Teahouse in Stanley Park Instagram
The Teahouse in Stanley Park is an iconic Vancouver restaurant with locally-sourced regional fare and a beautiful view to boot.
Their heated patio makes for an especially romantic setting for you and your loved one to enjoy. Order a bottle of BC wine and a charceuterie board for your anniversary date night in Vancouver – you won’t be disappointed.
Other date ideas at The Teahouse in Stanley Park in Vancouver:
- Join them for weekend brunch until 3:00 pm
- Order take-out and have a picnic in Stanley Park
- Book The Tea Room for a private dining double date
6. Visit Happy Hour at Trattoria Park Royal
Source: Trattoria Instagram
Trattoria has 3 locations across Metro Vancouver, all of which offer daily happy hour.
Grab your other half and head over to Trattoria between 2:00 and 5:00pm for a delightful happy hour experience. There’s sangria pitchers, Sicilian calamari, and beef carpaccio all at an affordable price.
This Italian-inspired Vancouver date idea will make those after work hours a lot more enjoyable.
Other date ideas at Trattoria Park Royal in West Vancouver:
- Wine Wednesday featuring half priced bottles of wine all day
- $15 Fridays with your choice of classic pasta and a glass of wine for $15
- Weekend brunch with unique offerings like breakfast pizza
7. Celebrate polenta at Di Beppe
8 W Cordova St | Menu
Source: Di Beppe Instagram
Di Beppe is an adorably chic restaurant located in the Gastown neighborhood of Vancouver. Their menu is simple, authentic, and down to earth delicious.
Join them in the month of June for their Polenta Festival featuring a 3-course menu of dishes highlighting polenta. It’s a fun date idea if your partner enjoys unique menu offerings, upscale Italian food, and of course, polenta.
Other date ideas at Di Beppe in Vancouver:
- Have a cappuccino date at their caffé
- Join them for their happy hour from 3:00 to 6:00 pm
Your Perfect Date Awaits You, Vancouver
We’re so lucky to live in a city filled-to the brim with extraordinary restaurant offerings. Take advantage of all this city has to offer with these Vancouver date ideas, perfect for the foodie inside all of us.